Friday, April 07, 2006

Once more into the gap, my friends!

In about an hour, I pick up C_____ to take her out to dinner for her birthday. I ran into her a couple days ago when I was picking up my bass bow from the HFAC. She accompanied me for master class, so I thought it would be nice to pay her. She's a cool girl, but I'm pretty hesitant since she was B____'s roomated way back when we dated. We'll see how tonight goes.

I have a date set up with E____ tomorrow. This is a blind date my mum set me up on. She met E____'s parents, they got talking, "I have a single son..." "We have a single daughter..." and the rest is history. Art history that is, which is what she graduated in. She is working now as a curator of an art museam, so that's pretty interesting. I talked with her a couple days ago, and in getting to know each other, she told me that she liked to do just about anything. In my mind, I thought, "well, she's either really cool (like me :), or she is desperate (also like me :). Either way, it should be fun. We'll double with my roommates, get some take out, and hike it up into the mountains to eat it. That is, we'll do that if she returns my call and tells me where to pick her up tomorrow.

Also, _e____ invited me to go down to the Grand Canyon next weekend with her and a group of people from her ward. The problem is, they want to leave Saturday and leave for home Monday. That leaves one day, Sunday, to get any sightseeing and exploring in. I don't relish that. I would love to get away and have some fun and see the Grand Canyon, and maybe even meet some new people, but not at the expense of my Sabath. Sorry. Am I wrong in that? Maybe at this point in my life I should be less fastidious about this.

So if everything else seems like a bust, I may track down M____, whom I met a few weeks ago, and ask her out. It's worth a shot anyway.

4 comments:

glarcy said...

I'd say stick to your ideals, even if you are totally interested in this girl. Maybe if certain ideals you have are totally opposite from hers you should reconsider just HOW much you should be interested. However, there are some ideals, that probably do take a back seat when dating, like getting to be early :). But, I think you have to decide which of your ideals are expendable and which aren't.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Glarcy. Don't be dishonest and by sacrificing your ideals, you do just that. Obviously you can explain to her how you feel and that you are still interested. Most girls (at least those worth having) will totally understand that sincerity and appreciate you more for it.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»