Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sleepy Time

Josie, one of my most loyal readers commented about how difficult it is to feel rested and stay awake.

It's no secret that I fall asleep any time, any place. I sleep in class. I sleep in church. I sleep in the Temple. I sleep when driving. I sleep while doing assessments. As you might have guessed, this habbit is not exactly helpful, and can be downright unethical or even dangerous.

Some have wondered if I am Narcoleptic. I've experimented a lot through my life and habits, and have come to some conclusions about my body, it's sleep needs, and my psychological well-being. So, since Josie asked about it, I will post for all to see what my vast experience with sleep has taught me.

It's actually pretty simple.

I've discovered that when I get enough sleep, I feel wonderful. I'm extremely happy and satisfied with life; I feel very strong, healthy, energetic, and excited; and I've noticed that I can even think more quickly and easily. Plus, I can stay awake during all the activities listed above.

So, now that I've provided the carrot, what's the catch?

The plan is, I have to go to bed before 10:00 every night and get a consistent eight hours of sleep every night, and do this for a week and a half, and then I begin to feel all the things listed above.

So the benefits are great. The problem is doing it. I've done better in the past, but I am getting to the point here again that I am going to make a committment to do it again. That's the plan anyway.

4 comments:

jojoba said...

I feel so flattered. I am one of your most loyal readers...or am I just one of your only readers? hehe
I think I will try your method. I think I already kinda tried it, but I definitely didn't give it a week and a half to work. This time I will. Thanks for the info!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»