Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Adventure Continues

I can climb and ski in 4 hours, 3000 verticle feet on a slope over 50 degrees, but when I go to find a woman to do something in the evening, no one is home. It's like the planets align in my favor on everything else, just to make up for my bad karma with women (and dissertation).

Actually, when the women weren't home, I walked towards the park to see if anyone was there, and ran into another woman from the ward that I am mildly interested in. I struck up a conversation with her, and somehow I noticed for the first time that she had a ring on her wedding finger.

Oops. Good thing I didn't ask her out. It was the only ring on both her hands, so it can only be an engagement ring or a deliberate attempt to drive the boys away. Either way, I ended up being a spectator for the rest of the night, watching stupid tv shows for way too long.

A curse upon my lazy bones!

4 comments:

jojoba said...

just yesterday you were not a spectator, now you're whiner boy. Just so you know, I like you either way. It sounds like I need to meet some cool "older" girls. :D

Anonymous said...

Simply because you pointed it out on Jo's blog, I will mention the obvious typo on your post.

Moving right along, I am right there with you in the proverbial sense and have actually taken that awkward step forward into the oblivion that is 'crushing' on a married/engaged individual. Blah is me.

Jon said...

except that misspellings on my part, don't bother me like they do many people. Too bad.

Anonymous said...

Touche.