Monday, May 22, 2006

Big one.

happy 100th post! Can you believe? I celebrated it today by getting up at 3:40 am, and climbing Mount Superior with Jon Bischoff and his friend Darrin. At the top it was hailing and blowing something fierce. I hid on the lee side of the peak while I put on my ski boots that I had hauled up there with my skis, and then I skiied off the top of the peak. I skiied the mountain except about 100 verticle feet of cliff that I had to downclimb. I did that in my ski boots, which wasn't really too fun on wet rock. The skiing wasn't the best I had ever done, either. Probably a third of my turns felt good. The rest were awkward jump turns since my legs were beat from the climb, and the slope was around 50 degrees. It was a great time. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow with route up and down mapped out. Wish you were all there to see it. The end.

No comments: