Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Airing the dirty laundry...so to speak

OWW asked about our most embarrassing moments. I am more than happy to join in, because, for me, they are a joy. I love embarrassing moments in my life. Like when I trip on the stairs, even as I’m looking around to see who saw, I am also busting up because I think it’s hilarious. It seriously makes my day. So this one is so much better than tripping on the stairs, it has given me years of enjoyable memories…kind of like the June roses in December.

A couple years ago, or maybe just last year, I don’t remember exactly when, my brother earned his BSA Eagle award and had an Eagle Court where he was presented with the award. It’s customary in my family for extended family to come and support the eagle recipient. Afterward, everyone gathers in the multi-purpose room of the church for socializing and refreshments. Everything went well and we were all mingling in the multipurpose room when I heard some music playing on the cd player. Evidently, my parents had put on some music to match the occasion. Then, like destiny, I suddenly saw my cousin Mark, who has written some music for such occasions.

It’s at this point that I have a brilliant idea. I walk up to Mark and in a very loud voice, I say, “Mark, where’s your music? We need to put it on instead of this TRASH that’s on right now!”

Mark looks at me and says, “This IS my song.”

LAWL.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH! I am SO linking to this!

entrada1 said...

haha! 'course, he probably thought you were just teasing him...

glarcy said...

good one. My favorite part? The lawl at the end...nice touch. ;)
I have a recent embarrassing moment. It is similar to my famous (even among my dinner group) "Willard Richards" embarrassing moment in college. Haha...I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the time to write it in this comment...nope. maybe on my blogspot. ;)

jojoba said...

sweet mother of pearl, that was funny! I also liked the lawl.

the lizness said...

wow. bet that felt like you'd been punched in the stomach without warning, eh?

found you through Heather.

Jon said...

Nah, I actually just laughed. It was hillarious to me. I think he may have interpreted that like entrada said: proof that I was just joking around with him.

Welcome Tess.