Thursday, February 23, 2006

Couldn't Sleep

What if I do get placed at Boston? That would be a grand adventure. I would be working at the Boston Univerisity Medical Center as a Psychiatry and Psychology Fellow. I would also be a Psychology Fellow at Boston Univerisity. I would also officially be a Psychology Intern with The Center for Multicultural Training in Psychology. Me. Multicultural. Me. Mister average, middle-class, white, 29 year-old, single, white, heterosexual, christian. Multicultural? Well, it's possible, even probable, that they have never had a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in their program. So I might actually represent a culture that they have not to this point had represented in their program. That seems like a huge responsibility to me, to represent The Church in my words and actions while working there. Oh yeah, that's going to be an adventure. Undoubtedly, I'll have some learning to do.

Okay, second try at sleep.

1 comment:

entrada1 said...

Hey! You are a lot of things, but "mister average" isn't one o' them. Sorry to burst your bubble...! :)

I mean, look at this 'blog: you come out way, way, WAY above average.