Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Aftermath

I've had three big shocking disappointments or let-downs in my life. This is the latest one. The first two were women breaking up with me. This one has thrown me for a loop like I never would have imagined. I was so down yesterday, that it seemed I had found a new low I had never discovered before. I was so down that I thought the program director was just lying when she said she was excited about being matched with me. I was so down that I thought my friends were avoiding talking to me and running away from me every time I approched them. I was so down that I thought a woman I was about to ask out was doing all she could to stay away from talking to me, so I ended up not asking her out and thinking that I would pull back and let her make the next move. All very different attitudes and perspectives than I usually have. In some cases, it may be very good for me. But, I realized that it was natural after such a huge disappointment to feel down. I rode it out. Today I just feel midly sad. I'm sure I will come out of it fine in a day or so. I'll not worry about it and just move on with regular living.....Now to find me a date for Saturday...

1 comment:

entrada1 said...

Oh, Jon,

I'm sad to think about you being so down. I've no doubt that you'll recover, though! I have a good feeling that UNI will be a great place for you. Plus, you'll be able to be close to those who love and care about you!