Thursday, February 23, 2006

Still Waiting

T: Minus 1 day, and counting. I'm a little excited to see where I go. On the other hand, part of me is also hoping that I don't get placed. If I don't, I would have a year to finish my dissertation, do more research, hopefully get more publications, work with more clients, teach more, and make myself look like a better candidate for internships. So I would probably get a better one next year. Plus, I would have a lot of time to play. I couldn't complain about that, especially since I have no family to take care of. I really don't need to be rushing my career along. But if I happen to get placed, that will be a good adventure too. And I can always take a year after intership to finish things up if that is needed (although I don't think it will be necissary).

So that's the current state of my mind regarding internships. We'll see what actually happens. I really think that I'll be going to Boston. That would be a grand adventure.

No comments: