Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Averted

My existential crisis is over. Or at least it's safely subsided to just a whimper. I was lost and bewildered for a few hours, but I am found again. I can go on with life and see where it leads from here. I haven't yet figured out the meaning, but at least I know where I am again. The view from here is interesting. It wasn't what I thought it would be, but it has it's advantages, for sure. Running this morning helped a lot too. Just getting out and doing something was great. Now I just have to focus on getting those cursed papers corrected. I can't believe how long it is taking me. This is insane. And I have too much else to do. I even got a letter saying the article that I submitted for publication last summer or fall was finally reviewed and given a "revise and resubmit." That's pretty good, but it means a whole lot more work for me to do to get it ready for resubmission. And I have to do it soon. Let alone the other four research projects I am working on. Okay, before I stress myself out, I'm going to work.

1 comment:

entrada1 said...

Hey. It's funny how doing something physical can often help us sort through our mental/spiritual issues and find some peace, isn't it?

And congrats on your paper! I should be so lucky...
:)