Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Analyses

Some have said I analyze things too much. I would definately agree with them. In fact, I've been doing way too much analyzing lately and it's killing me. I did four hours of analyses on Saturday, only to figure out later that I had done them all wrong. So Monday I redid them all. Another two hours down the drain, since I discovered that somehow one of the settings I thought was set, wasn't set and I ended up doing the analyses wrong again. Bummer. I definately analyze things way too much.

Now about the women in my life. L______ called today and left a message that she was busy and couldn't go climbing this weekend. But she said she definately wanted to go sometime, and that maybe next week would be better. Sounds like she is giving a different relationship a chance to work out, and keeping me in tow just in case.

Is that analyzing too much? Well, that's alright, because I just asked J_____ out for Saturday. J______ is another of the long line of women that I have gone out with in the past. But she's one of the recent ones. She's pretty mellow, which is definately offsetting me. That's probably a good thing. She's nice and smart and cute. We should have some fun.

However, I feel kind of guilty asking her or anyone else out when I am a little more interested in someone else. I think part of it goes back to the costly war going on. It's the war of my dating life, and there are innumerable casualties. In fact, I've considered making a memorial. That would be interesting. What I have to remember, is that behind all those numbers, there are real women with hopes and dreams and lives. Some are still struggling with the wounds. I wish it were not this way. Thankfully, some have recovered well, which gives me some hope that I don't have as much influence on their lives as I think I do.

So much for not analyzing too much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the idea is that for a guy, you analyze too much. But again, far be it for me to tell someone to stop analyzing things when I am just as guilty of that habit.

From what I can see though, you seem to take things as they come as well. Sure you analyze. Shows you are a thinker. Shows you value your brain. You aren't going to sit down and wait for things to happen to you, which in my opinion is an admirable trait in a guy and one severely lacking of late (again, as far as I can tell.)

Analyze away, but just remain open to the fact that your analyses may not always be correct. I've tried to do the same.

entrada1 said...

hahahahahahahahaha!

Awesome post, Bog. Analyzing, Schmanilyzing, I say.

Really, Analysis is great-- very useful. But, as you point out in your first paragraph, we must be careful to analyze correctly. Otherwise.... we'll just have to analyze it all again and again and again and again and again...

J_______ will be lucky to go out with you!

Anonymous said...

A costly war. hmmm. That is a brutal and real way of putting it. You're great, Jon.