Monday, March 20, 2006

Battlefronts

I threw the analyses out the window last night and called L____.

Her phone was turned off. I didn't leave a message. I don't think she will see that I called. I haven't had much luck with the phone and L_____, so I am resorting back to what has worked. I emailed her this morning inviting her to go to a play and maybe climbing on Saturday. The climbing is iffy since I don't know yet if my toe can handle it.

Besides email being more successful than phone in the past with L____, I decided to do the email thing because I think I can sound a little more relaxed and witty through email than on a random phone call. I think talking to them in person is the best, but when that isn't possible, it totally depends on your relationship with them. Which is why I chose to go with the email this time. She may feel that the phone is a bit too much.

Oops. Looks like I bridged into analyses again. Oh well. I don't think it's possible to talk about it and not analyze it. Possible, maybe, but really boring. So, we'll see what happens.

In other news, I met a woman last night who was somewhat interesting. I felt restricted in trying to get to know her, though, since I met her at an apartment of M_____, who I am sure is bitter about me not liking her. Then I saw the new woman again briefly at the apartment of J____. I guess it feels a little lecherous to be outright pursuing another woman in the presence of all the roommates of the women who are interested in me at the moment.

And my friends down in Atlanta want to set me up with the daughter of their grandchildrens' piano teacher. They are of another faith, but the daughter is LDS, so they thought there might be some possibility there. Sure, why not? I'm flattered, as always that people want to set me up with people. I think it shows that they care about me. It's a very caring gesture. And I always like meeting new people, although I feel somewhat like a gambler going on so many blind dates. But that's an issue for another post.

3 comments:

entrada1 said...

Wow! So many posts, and so rife with material for comments! Yowza!

hmmm... where to start? :)

1. Perhaps it's time to let L______ make a move... She certainly knows by now that you'd like to go out with her, doesn't she? So manage to "bump" into her a few times, and be witty and charming, etc... but let her make the next move. Even if she doesn't outright ask you out, she'll give you some kind of unambiguous sign that she'd like to go out again.

2. In the mean time, you can go out with other women!

3. I agree: Give J________ a chance... you might find someone you really like beneath that quiet exterior!

4. Don't feel lecherous (and don't BE lecherous)... the whole point of dating is to meet people you are interested in; being interested in someone is NOT being lecherous!

5. I've never heard of the 3-day rule... but I do think you don't want to call too soon... I would have thought it was more like a week (7-day rule?)

6. Gambling is awesome! Have fun!

7. Sorry for the long comment... :)

Anonymous said...

I have heard of the three day rule but there's also that whole tennis mentality that is somehow applied to dating, i.e. balls in her court, etc. Thus if we follow that through, you have sufficiently lobbed the proverbial ball into her designated sports arena.

Hasn't dating been described as a gamble numerous times? Perhaps its the only gambling that we LDS are actually encouraged to engage in. There's an analysis for you. ;)

Hope your toe gets better (sufficiently at the very least) for you to go climbing. I wish I had the time and money to actually go climbing so I could get better at it. But this isn't about me.

Continue to go for the gusto, man! Seems to me that you are trying to take things a day at a time and maintaining your happiness throughout so, kudos!

Jon said...

Yah. The ball is definately in her LAX stick, so to speak. Let's see what she does with it.