Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Guitars Unplugged Is The Devil Datecrusher

Both L_____ and J_____ turned me down today because they are going to Guitars Unplugged, Saturday. Maybe they're going together.

Seriously, how am I supposed to learn not to analyze when my analyses are pretty much spot on?

Neither of them even said anything about wanting to do anything any other time. So that's pretty much it for both of them. I've done my part. Now let's see what they do. Meanwhile, I move on to a pasture that I hopefully won't get kicked out of so quickly. But first I have to find it.

The funny thing, is that it doesn't even hurt. I don't feel bad about their rejections. I've been rejected way too many times. Mostly I'm just irritated that I bought tickets to the play and I still have no one to go with. How annoying is that? This has happened a lot lately. Any time I actually plan ahead and get tickets, I end up scrambling at the end after getting rejected by five or six girls. One time I got up to eight. Maybe I'll beat that record this weekend.

I've thought about asking C_____, but she already said she has a performance every weekend between now and the end of the semester. So she probably has a performance that night, making asking her out futile. Plus she is the former roomate of B_____, my latest, greatest failure. That would be wierd. And she is 8 years younger than me, and I don't really know if it is worth the hassel hurting her.

I could ask out M_____ but she is already bitter that I don't like her, and this would be a wierd thing, throwing her off, and making her end up hating me more.

I could ask M_____'s roommate for the number of A_____, whom I met briefly at their place Sunday, but she has a performance next Wednesday that I am sure she is frantically trying to prepare her cast for. Plus there would be the whole drama of me asking out a friend of M_____'s roommate, and then it could also come back to J_____ who is in our FHE group.

The set-up mill is working, but slowly, so there's no possibilities there for this weekend. Maybe I'll just go to the WSC tomorrow and ask a random girl. Or I could give the tickets to my roommate and go hide under a rock.

How frustrating.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bog-
Once I was walking down the hall of the HFAC and this guy that knew my sister came out of nowhere and asked me to go to a musical that was starting in about 5 minutes. I thought, "sure - he likes my sister, not me, so there's no pressure; and I'm not doing anything else, so why not!" So I went. It was okay, except he kept mentioning how he wished my sister would pay attention to him and bugged me about being an "old maid" at the tender age of 22. My sis and I had a good laugh about it afterwards, but I decided not to accept any more spur-of-the-moment-I'm-so-desperate-I-couldn't-find-a-date invitations. Which was fine because it never happened again. Anyway, if this little story helps you in your I-need-to-find-a-date problem, just go to the HFAC and pull someone out of the catacombs from practicing. Tell them that the fresh air will do them good. Just don't bug them about being an old maid, regardless of how old they are.

Also - I think weird is spelled
W-E-I-R-D! You use it enough, spell it right, man! Mr. PhD (obviously not in spelling!) :-)

My hubbie K_____ says you should call O ____ and ask for her cousin's best friend Q_____ to see if her roommate S______'s former missionary companion's brother's ex-girlfriend R_______ has any plans this weekend. He's sure you two would get along great!

Have a great one, with one suggestion - STOP "analyzing" ABOUT IT SO MUCH! Seriously, your brain only produces so much serotonin! Use it judiciously!
Take it easy,
J_____

Jon said...

J2_____,

Looks like I struck a nerve there. Sorry about that. Thank you for the dating suggestion. However, it turns out I have already gone out with O_____'s cousin's best friend Q_____'s rommate S_____'s former missionary companion's brother's ex-girlfriend R______'s therapist T_____.

I wouldn't want to interfere with the therapeutic relationship between R_____ and T______, or get involved in such as love triangle. That could be detrimental to both of them.

Seriously, like I'm stupid enough to let on that it would be a deperation-last-minute-spur-of-the-moment date. Or to talk about their sister the whole time. Or to profess my undying love for thier uncle.

Nevertheless, your story is a great one. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure I can use a little more voice of reason in my life.

Bog

Anonymous said...

Bog-
I didn't intend to suggest that you are stupid! On the contrary - anyone that does what you do has to be extremely intelligent. I told the story to encourage laughter! And to indicate that you are no where near that level of behavior.
Hope your toe is healing well!

Jon said...

Sorry, anonym...

I mistook the defensiveness in my soul for vitriol in your words. The psychologist in me says that this is rife with displacement. I did love your story. It was awesome. I just hope it wasn't me that asked you out. If it was, I hope I have learned enough from that to not be that way anymore. Keep on letting me know what you think.

bog

jojoba said...

you know bog,
J____ was right about one thing...You have a spell-checker option in blogger, you should use it!!!! Also, I'm sure there is some random girl in your ward who doesn't have a date for this weekend and would love to go with you, even if you never ask her out again.

Jon said...

Oops. I spelled something wrong. How embarasing.