Saturday, March 25, 2006

Running

I ran the Rex Lee Run 5k with JoJoba and her roommate this morning. They did a good job. They ran the whole way. I stayed with them the whole time. I always wonder how fast I can run, but I only sign up for races when I have people to run with. I would rather run with them and keep them company than go all out. Which is fun in its own way, but to some extent doesn't make much sense. I can always do training runs with people. Maybe I'm just afraid of how bad I would do if I actually tried in a race.

I wonder if that goes for my dating life too. There are plenty of women out there that I can keep up with. Do I go out with them to prove to myself that I feel like I can reach higher afterward? Am I afraid to go all out and try for the biggest goals because I don't know if I can do it? Part of me wonders if that's the case. The other part says, "no."

Actually, L____ is a good example of me going for it. I've gone for it quite a bit. I've always crashed and burned sooner or later, but at least I've gone for it.

Maybe someday I'll sign up for a race just to go all out and see what I can do.

5 comments:

jojoba said...

You should. it would be awesome. I would cheer for you. I like your new pic that features your geeky friends.

glarcy said...

and what, praytell, are you doing in that pic?
geekyness?

Anonymous said...

Bog,
I like the new picture, it's good to see you hangin' with 2 of the Fierce Five, A______ and D______. I know J______ is in K_______________________________. Where is the other?

Anonymous said...

I used to run. When I ran, I always gave it my all. If that meant running circles around the people I was with (literally), I did it - never to show off, mind you, but to keep up my pace, knowing that if I slowed down to match "the crowd," I wouldn't have the strength to finish my run. If giving my all meant running alone, gasping for breath, crying for strength as others flew by me with relative ease and wings on their feet, I kept at it. I never won a race, but I always gave it my all. God does not want us to be less than we are, He expects us to do our best. After reading your blog and thinking through my reply, I’ve decided I need to start running again. I don’t know if I’ll ever reach the same level of strength and endurance I once achieved, but I’ll give it my best. And that is good enough.
Give it your all, Bog!
Thanks for the inspiration,
P.

Jon said...

Alan is still in Fort Collins, CO. Derek just moved to Simi Valley, CA. James is, of course, doing his Air Force stuff in an undisclosed location in Asia Minor. And Troy is living in Madera, CA.

Good luck to anonym2. Starting running again is sometimes tough on the body. I hope your friends weren't annoyed with you running circles around them. :)