Friday, March 31, 2006

Tepid

I’m waiting for A_____ to get off work and call. We’re going climbing. I haven’t been in a while. Evidently, she climbs like a spider. And she has a quarry membership. How cool (and inexpensive for me) is that?

I used to take women climbing all the time on dates. It was fun, for the most part. But then I realized that I was spending a ton of money on a lot of women who didn’t really enjoy the activity. So I decided that as long as I was going to spend that money, I was going to spend it on an activity that she enjoyed as well, not just me.

Which brings up the potentially biggest problem in my mind with my whole life style. 9 years of approximately 1.5 dates per week at a conservative estimate of $20/date….

Yeah. I’m not a numbers person, but I think that may be a significant figure. Hope it has paid off in some immaterial way….

But back to the topic of the title of this entry: I am not enamored with A_______. I’m feeling kind of ambivalent. I guess that’s what dating is for. Give it enough time, and I can see where my feelings go. It’s an expensive experiment, with more than just monetary costs.

2 comments:

jojoba said...

are you waiting till someones posts a comment before you create a new post? If so, here's my response...did she ever call?

Jon said...

whew. you freed me from my spell being frozen. Thanks.