Friday, March 10, 2006

Replacement?

I went to the Museam of Art cafe today to get a lunch to go, and L____ was there with a guy. She tried to ignore me. Funny. It's also funny that I saw a friend first before I saw L_____ and went and talked to the friend for a while before noticing to my shock that L_____ was there as well. So maybe she was trying to pay me back. Or maybe she just didn't know how do deal with a slightly uncomfortable situation. Or maybe she isn't that interested. Or maybe.....Whatever the case, it was a random and interesting development. We'll see if she contacts me here. Whatever happens, I figure that if it was "meant to be" then a few more days don't matter anyway. So no pressure. I don't believe it was "meant to be" by any means, but maybe there's a possibility there.

In a somewhat related vein, I've been very annoyed by politicians lately and their reactionary and inflamatory rhetoric. The whole Dubai Ports World issue is such a stupid one. President Bush is the only voice of reason in the country it sounds like. Everyone else is alienating our allies and driving other Arab countries and peoples farther into their hatred of the U. S., and confirming their belief that Americans are biased against Islamic people. Party doesn't matter in this issue. Both Democrats and Republicans are jumping on a bandwagon trying to show everyone that they are interested in national security, when the actual results of their rhetoric will be to damage our national security. All because they want to be reelected this fall. Wisdom and moderation left the scene in Washington decades ago, if it was even ever there.

2 comments:

glarcy said...

wow...perhaps you do analyze too much. Who doesn't, though? :) Interestingly, sometimes girls are just friends with guys and even though they hang out with them, aren't necessarily interested in them...maybe he is an old district leader, or her brother, or high school boyfriend who is still her friend even though they've broken up a long time ago and don't plan on ever getting back together...a stretch?
Anyway, people are wierd with their relationships, I have come to find.

entrada1 said...

I say 'Amen' to what Melissa says. There's no need to analyze it quite so much...

And, I say 'Amen' to what you say about the Dubai business. What a bigoted bunch of hypocrites!