Thursday, March 23, 2006

Three's Company

I ran into C____ today. I asked her to go to the bass recital of my friend Regan on Saturday during the day. She said she had to take a test, but if she got done in time, then she could go. I'm pretty positive she'll finish her test on time. So that's a go. I think I'll keep it at only two dates on Saturday.

J____ called me last night and invited me over to watch some of Gilmore Girls. She said it would help me understand her and her roommates better. I went over and the show was full of lots of interesting stuff. Girls kissing girls, raves, scantily clad women and men doing lots of interesting stuff, etc. Up until that point, I thought I understood them pretty well. So when I saw all that, I was a little confused. What does she want me to understand about them?

I actually commented in a somewhat joking manner about what the show was portraying, and her roommate became all defensive and disinvited me from ever coming over to watch the show again. Funny stuff.

Yep. It definitely helped me understand her and her roommates a little more.

Fascinating.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eck, Gilmore Girls. Or basically anything from the WB...avoid at all costs lest you bring some harm to life and limb.

Seriously though I understand what you mean by what is portrayed in the show. What I think they may have been trying to point out more specifically, and this is based more prominently on what I have been told by avid watchers rather than what I could openly perceive in watching myself, is that many a girl would like so show how independent and smart she is in the same way that the two main characters do. The educated, sarcastic manner in which they talk is something they aspire to. Unfortunately what many do not realize is that Gilmore Girls is scripted and thus the liklihood of having an entire scenario proceed in a way that would allow a person to talk like a Gilmore Girl is nill.

At least that's generally what I get out of that kind of thing.

glarcy said...

maybe they were gently trying to tell you *why* they aren't interested in you...if you catch my drift....

Anonymous said...

Oh you SO got in on the wrong episode, there, Jon! The Girls are truly great... when you're not watching that episode. :) Give them a chance.

Jon said...

Actually, you all may be right. I totally agree with both nasty and heather (I actually have seen more than one episode *gasp* and have enjoyed it somewhat in the past *double gasp*).

Glarcy, I hadn't thought of that possibility before. Thanks for bringing it up. It's hillarious. Although I don't believe it's true, it could be, and that would be hillarious. :)